"Behind every beautiful thing, there's been some kind of pain" - Bob Dylan

9/27/2010

In terms of writing

It took me really long time to get started to write (anything). Not only because of my lack of experience on writing, but also the fear of not having interesting things to write about. 

My advisor told me to start writing my paper earlier this semester. I didn't get started because I was not confident enough about the data. I guess my advisor noticed I have 0 progress on the paper, so she set the due date for the first draft which is just a little over a month away. Besides this paper draft, I also have exam document due around the same time. To keep myself on schedule, I decided to write one page everyday -- a week before I really started writing (which was two days ago). How hard is it to write a page everyday? 

It has been two days but I'm still on my first page of the introduction section. I've printed out 10 papers and thought I should be responsible for killing trees. I've never wanted to read papers as much as I do now. 

No matter how painful it is, I'll be dead if I don't meet the due dates. 

A page a day, I'll have the paper by due day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment