"Behind every beautiful thing, there's been some kind of pain" - Bob Dylan

12/01/2010

First snow of 2010

We are having our first snow of 2010 in State College!!

Earlier in October, the temperature suddenly dropped a lot. Then I wrote this article about how come we missed the Fall. The temperature was kept in between 33~60F for a really long time, not as cold as I expected.

Well, yesterday it rained non-stop. If the temperature got 5 degree lower, we could've had a lot of snow. I guess someone heard my wish, and decided to let the temperature be right at 32F.

Here we go. First snow in State College.

Snow is actually not that fascinating. It makes the floor slippery. It becomes black mud after being run by cars. It makes shoes and socks wet. I've seen people fall off on ice several time. Believe me, it hurts.

Some people like snowing rather than raining 'cuz snow does not wet your clothes. Some like it because of reasons WTHK. I like snow only because I could go snowboarding. Hence this little snow is not enough! More snow! Let it snows, let it snows!

----
while I was about to wrap up this article, I checked outside and see nothing .. . The snow has stopped and left no trace. I could still see squirrels wandering around. Well, I guess the snowboard season will not start anytime soon.

5 comments:

  1. Indeed, no trace at all.

    What does WTHK stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 我自己創的,中文大意大概是鬼才知道

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess.....does it mean "who the hell knows"?

    ReplyDelete