"Behind every beautiful thing, there's been some kind of pain" - Bob Dylan

10/04/2010

Notepad++ - select column

Notepad++ is a powerful windows editor.

I first found Notepad++ because I want to highlight a piece of Fortran code without downloading an IDE for it.
Then I found it's super useful because Notepad++ also highlights several other computer languages, provides indices for each row in the data, and opens multiple documents in one window.
The most important (to me) is it has traditional Chinese Taiwan to choose on its website!

Recently Notepad++ surprises me again. Sometime when we edit arrays, it is useful to select columns only. UltraEdit is able to do it but it is not a free software. I checked if Notepad++ has a similar feature, and donlan! Found the hotkey:

Hold Alt key and use mouse left key to select column.

2 comments: