"Behind every beautiful thing, there's been some kind of pain" - Bob Dylan

1/21/2011

iPhone or not

I've been thinking about getting a smartphone for a while.

Today my colleague Koke is late. He sent us an email:

See? Sent from my iPhone.
This is the convenience that a smartphone can provide you.

I had an iPod touch. It was very handy to use. I lost it during the "end of 2010 road trip". I use it to play games and plurk when I don't feel like carrying my laptop with me. A lot of times when I am in the living room watching TV, I use iPod to look up the dictionary. So losing the iPod really makes me missing the convenience I had with it.

Besides carrying a cell phone and an iPod at the same time occupied too many of my pockets. iPhone or HTC seems to be the perfect solution for me: to take picture and access the internet whenever I want.

The thing is that I have to pay $15 every month for the data plan, which I think is a little too much given that I have access to wifi at home and at work. Besides my CD isn't giving me the monthly interest as high as $15. As a poor international grad student, saving seems to be more efficient than investigating.

If I could just pay for the amount I use 3G/4G internet, that'll be great.

Well, I'm still sinking ... (thinking)

--
Koke just told me that AT&T may have the "pay as you use" plan sometime in the future. If that comes true, I'll definitely get one smartphone.

1 comment: